*UPDATE:Hello Pinterest friends and Dietpepsi.com ! I didn't know anyone but my family looked at this little, neglected blog. I've been blown away by the daily number of readers checking out this post. I've added a few more pictures of the little projects we did for fun (warning not the best photo quality!)
Ezra's actual birthday was kind of a boring day. But he did get his first ice cream! And really he had no idea what was up. ( I wonder if he'll be like his big sister and give me a detailed list of what he wants for his second birthday.) But his party was awesome (if I say so myself ;-).
I had so much fun finding ideas on Pinterest! Jose helped me make a lot of our decorations, and since we are kind of football fanatics we already had a lot of the supplies!
A few of our projects:
$3 thrift store ugly picture turned chalkboard menu, Concession Stand sign (AKA the picture pinned 1000 times on Pinterest, and featured on dietpepsi.com)
Jose made the field goal with a couple of dollars of PVC, and spray paint we had on hand. The banners were all from Ezra's room!
Football field table cloth was out of an astroturf carpet and white duct tape
I bought the carpet at Home Depot, and used poster board letters for the end zone.
The food table didn't get much photo love. It was pretty basic, but we did have football themed plates, napkins and cups. The silverware was in vases I wrapped in scrapbook paper and white tape.
Inside the house, I replaced all our regular art and pictures with pictures of Ezra (mostly football related).A view of the mess the night before! The signs were on our walkway and door. The bags were for the piñata candy.
Jose really wanted to get Ezra an official Nike jersey. It was almost like a gift for Jose more than Ezra! Fortunately it has fit him all year so he's got plenty of use from it. We are hoping future babies will use it too.
I worried all month about the weather. We never know what we will get in March! The month started as one of the warmest we've had in awhile (and driest!) which convinced me it wouldn't last until his party on the 21st! Fortunately all projected rain didn't come, and the day was beautiful (but windy, which meant I couldn't put all the centerpieces outside).
I ordered football popcorn boxes and the suckers from Oriental Trading. Easter was around the corner so I filled football eggs with candy, and used pictures of him from throughout the year that were football related.


My sister in law provided the super cute football cake pops, and we made the field stand out of styrofoam. The cupcakes were made by our niece and tasted and looked great! My mom made football rice krispie treats, and the football strawberries were made by an aunt. I was so grateful for all the creative baking help!

The desserts were probably my favorite part!
We asked guest to wear their team colors, and I loved how everyone got into the football theme!
Poor Ezra did not sleep well the night before his party and had a fever. The day of his party he was not himself, and preferred to be carried. I was bummed that he wasn't running around playing, but I think he still enjoyed himself. He ended up getting sicker the next few days. Poor guy was miserable, and couldn't sleep for a week.
The next couple of pictures may be hard to believe....Raider and Charger fans getting along??
He LOVES to wear the mini foam fingers!
He of course loved his cake, but hated having his hands dirty!
Glimpse of the football bounce house.
My boy and I!
Can't have a party without a piñata!
It was such a fun day! Everything came out great, and it was fun celebrating with 75 of our closest family and friends (CRAZY!).













No comments:
Post a Comment